PROYECTO: Latin America Investment Facility (LAIF) and Caribbean Investment Facility (CIF) — Joint Technical Assistance
DURACIÓN: The intended start date is February 2022 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date.
Qualifications and skills:
– University degree in the fields of Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Law or equivalent professional experience of at least 10 years (supplementing the specific professional experience mentioned below).
– Extensive knowledge of EU development cooperation programmes, project cycle management and EU contractual and financial procedures (minimum of 6 years, over 10 years of experience will be valued positively).
– Ability to manage teams and deadlines, good communication and inter-personal skills, qualities of dialogue, negotiation and prioritization.
– Excellent command of English and Spanish.
– Good knowledge in project finance of large infrastructure projects, public investment financing, financing instruments, evidenced by design, formulation, implementation and or supervision of such projects and/or policy work in the area of financing instruments. (minimum of 3 years).
– Good knowledge of blended finance, evidenced by related publications, project management of blending projects or policy work in the area of at least 3 years. Specific knowledge of EU blending facilities and processes and EFSD/EFSD+ products will be considered an asset.
General professional experience:
– Proven experience in project formulation for development projects7 (minimum of 10 years). Additional experience will be valued positively.
– Proven experience as team leader (min of 5 years) in technical assistance projects in development cooperation.
Specific professional experience:
– Minimum 5 years of experience working in or with/for development banks, national, regional or international development institutions
– Minimum 10 years of experience in coordination, management and implementation of multi-countries, regional or bilateral development cooperation programmes
– Proven experience (min duration of 4 years) in development cooperation projects in Latin America and/or Caribbean countries.
– Proven experience (min duration of 4 years) in the set-up and implementation of trainings, seminars and workshops (including digital tools).
– Proven experience (min duration 5 years) of working in projects with the European Union.
– Specific experience working on blending projects is necessary (minimum of 3 years, over 5 years will be positively valued) and experience in the private sector/banking would be an asset.