PROJECT: Technical and Logistical Assistance for the Organisation of the Policy Forum on Development (2021-2023)
DURATION: The intended start date is February 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a university degree (Master or equivalent) in one of these fields: political science, international relations, development cooperation, communication, or relevant discipline directly relevant for the assignment. This diploma may be replaced by 3 years of work experience in addition to the 10 years requirement under the general professional experience.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and of French or Spanish, both spoken and written
- Excellent writing skills.
General professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in development cooperation
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in fields related to civil society and/or local authorities in development processes
- Professional experience in the field of communication will be considered as an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- Experience in preparing, facilitating and reporting back from international multi-stakeholder consultations/dialogues
- Experience in database management
- Experience in update and moderation of digital communication platforms.
In the framework of the «Technical and Logistical Assistance for the Organisation of the Policy Forum on Development (2021-2023) » we are looking for 4 key experts:
- Team Leader,
- Consultations facilitator/digital content moderator/Communication (senior key expert)
- Event coordinator (senior expert)
- Digital tools expert (junior expert)
The overall objective of the project is to assist the European Commission in facilitating spaces for dialogue (in-person and virtual) and consultations at global and regional level with civil society networks, associations of local authorities and EU institutions and Member States, mainly through the Policy Forum on Development (PFD), and ad hoc consultations.
To support the European Commission in the drafting of regular updates on policy issues related to and raised by civil society and associations of local authorities and contribute in background papers. The PFD needs to adapt to the quickly developing digital reality and, consequently, regular online activities will take place to guarantee continuous consultation with PFD members and beyond when required by the Contracting Authority.