PROJECT: «EU Alumni Engagement Initiative»
Location – Brussels
DURATION: 24 Months (October 2018 – September 2020)
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced university degree (Master degree) or equivalent in public diplomacy, public relations, management, communication, marketing or a related discipline relevant for this contract;
- Proven strong public speaking and presentation skills acquired in at least 2 projects/assignments;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Knowledge and understanding of the European Union and its Institutions as well as EU procedures acquired in at least 2 projects/assignments
General professional experience
- Minimum 5 years’ post-graduate experience in public diplomacy/advocacy including experience in community management, organisation of international events/activities as well as other international cultural relations activities with i.a. the EU, EU Member States, third countries, international organisations, NGOs, think tanks, cultural institutes, universities;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as a team leader in an international environment.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 7 years of post-graduate experience in project management, including coordination, overseeing project delivery and quality control for projects of a similar size and international coverage as this contract;
- Minimum 1 year experience in supervising creation and/or maintenance of web platforms, social media communications and other IT tools relevant for this contract.
DETAILS OF THE OFFER:
we look for the profile of an expert in the framework of the «EU Alumni Engagement Initiative» project to carry out the following aspects:
1) Reach out to the relevant EU services managing the EU funded programmes and the relevant associations/groups of alumni/participants to collect the data to be consolidated in a access-secured database. Data may be provided in different formats and may require harmonisation by the contractor.
2) Creation of an online platform allowing the EU to engage with beneficiaries of selected EU-funded programmes more effectively and allowing some networking among users.
3) Organisation of activities and events which foresee active involvement of alumni/beneficiaries on the basis of a coherent but flexible methodology worldwide.