PROJECT: »Improved Support for Entrepreneurial Development in Rural Areas» (EuropeAid/139564/DH/SER/AZ)
DURATION: 30 months (March 2019 – September 2021)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- At least a Master’s degree relevant to this tender or in its absence a bachelor’s degree relevant to this tender and 3 years above the required general professional experience.
- Excellent spoken and written English (at least level 2 on a scale of 1 [excellent] to 5 [basic]);
- Working knowledge of Azerbaijani, Russian or Turkish is an asset
A) General professional experience:
- Professional experience of at least 10 years working in rural business/SME development
- Professional experience in EU member states and countries covered by the IPA or ENI regulation is an asset
B) Specific professional experience:
- Previous management / team leader experience on at least 2 similar (subject, sector, duration, budget) technical assistance projects in the last 5 years;
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing strategies, programmes and/or targeted policy interventions particularly in the field of incubator/entrepreneurship skills development.
- Work experience in developing and conducting training
- Private sector experience in establishing and running a small or medium sized business would be considered as an asset
In the framework of the contract “Improved Support for Entrepreneurial Development in Rural Areas” we are looking for a Team Leader/Expert in Rural Entrepreneurship with experience in rural business/SME development.
The expert will be responsible for the overall management of the project and the TA team. The expert will also have lead responsibility for all activities envisaged result in the following areas:
- Strengthened institutional capacity of Government and business incubators to develop and implement a model of activity programming, management, service delivery, monitoring and evaluation system that meet international standards
- New business incubator programmes developed, including new entrepreneurship programmes for women and rural youth and with activities expanded into rural areas
- A communication, coordination, and cooperation platform and network in place and supporting entrepreneurship and SME development in rural areas
The project will provide technical assistance to Ministry of Economy and its relevant structures, notably to business incubators, to improve the quality and variety of business support services for start-ups, entrepreneurs, SMEs, farmers and youth in rural regions and so build sustainable businesses.