PROJECT: Technical assistance to ‘Innovation for enterprise growth and jobs’ programme
DURATION: The intended start date is July 1, 2019 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 42 months from this date (07/2019 – 01/2023).
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree (preferably at Master’s level) in a related field, e.g. Economics, Management, Business Innovation, Technology Transfer, Social science, or similar;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; reporting skills and computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Fluency in English is a must.
General professional experience:
- Preferably 8 years of experience in the area of business innovation and private sector development, but a minimum of 5 years of experience required.
- Experience of a senior expert in at least two long-term (>6 months) development technical assistance projects in the area of business innovation, private sector development or similar.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years proven experience in providing technical assistance and capacity building in the area of business innovation, private sector development or similar;
- Proven experience of working directly with and /or supporting companies and private sector organisations;
- Proven coordination skills of working with diverse interdisciplinary teams;
- Working experience with international donors is an asset;
- Knowledge of EU procedures is an asset;
- Knowledge of and working experience in the MENA region is an asset.
In the framework of the contract “ Technical assistance to ‘Innovation for enterprise growth and jobs’ programme” we are looking for a Team Leader with experience in providing technical assistance and capacity building in the area of business innovation, private sector development or similar.
The tasks of the team leader will be the following:
- Responsible for project coordination and quality implementation of all deliverables listed in the chapter 4.2 of these ToR – specific activities;
- Responsible for planning, coordination and supervision of the activities performed by other key or short-term experts;
- Responsible for working closely with the implementing teams of the three grant components of the ‘Innovation for Enterprise Growth and Jobs” programme;
- Liaise on a permanent basis with the Contracting Authority and seek the necessary approvals needed for the implementation of the project;
- Responsible for sound financial and administrative management of the project including contacts and coordination with the Contracting Authority.