PROJECT: Technical Assistance to the Government of Malawi to support the implementation of Enabling Environment Reforms for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and Related Labour Laws
DURATION: The intended start date is 1st July 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date
Qualifications and skills:
The expert should have a University Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, or Public Health or Occupational Health or equivalent field from recognized institution7, or 12 years equivalent relevant professional experience.
General professional experience
The expert will have at least 8 years’ experience in the development of occupational health programmes, policies and regulations and decent work related, labour law reviews, and delivering capacity building initiatives in labour laws and OSH.
Specific professional experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in providing OSH related expertise advice to workplaces or institutions
- At least 2 years’ experience in the area of labour law reviews.
- At least 2 years’ experience in development of regulations or guidelines for safety and health, ideally in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Knowledge in policy dialogue, formulation of profiles or programs related to Decent work would be an asset
- In-depth knowledge of labour related laws would be an asset
In the framework of the “Technical Assistance to the Government of Malawi to support the implementation of Enabling Environment Reforms for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and Related Labour Laws”, we are looking for a Key expert 1: MSME Reforms and Policy Dialogue Expert (Team leader) and a Key expert 2: Occupational Safety and Health Expert.
Key Expert 1 and Key Expert 2 will have a minimum allocation of 800 man-days and 700 man-days respectively over the 3 year period in which they will be located in Malawi.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.