PROJECT: Technical Assistance to the Government of Malawi to support the implementation of Enabling Environment Reforms for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and Related Labour Laws
DURATION:The intended start date is 1st July 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date
Qualifications and skills:
The expert should have a University Degree in Economics, or Business Administration or other relevant field, from recognised institution6, or 15 years equivalent relevant professional experience.
General professional experience:
The expert will have at least 12 years’ experience in leading policy dialogue processes, including lobbying for policy changes in favour of entrepreneurship growth, decent work conditions, and supporting implementation of MSME decent work activities. Delivering capacity building initiatives in entrepreneurship and/or labour laws would be an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 4 years’ experience in the management and facilitation of policy dialogue platforms.
- At least 4 years’ experience in providing business advisory services for MSMEs.
- At least 4 years’ experience in developing and managing MSMEs programmes and interventions would be an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of policy and regulatory issues affecting entrepreneurship development and the informal sector would be an asset.
- Practical experience in project management of donor-funded programmes, ideally in Sub-Saharan Africa would be an asset.
In the framework of the «Technical Assistance to the Government of Malawi to support the implementation of Enabling Environment Reforms for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and Related Labour Laws», we are looking for a Key expert 1: MSME Reforms and Policy Dialogue Expert (Team leader) and a Key expert 2: Occupational Safety and Health Expert.
Key Expert 1 and Key Expert 2 will have a minimum allocation of 800 man-days and 700 man-days respectively over the 3 year period in which they will be located in Malawi.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.