|The objective of this consultancy is to evaluate the relevant regulatory framework and propose detailed and expeditious alternatives aimed at facilitating the sustainable use of biomass, biodiversity and their ecosystem services, and their adequate protection, in accordance with a reasonable speed of the process, considering the best international practices, which promote the competitiveness of the Colombian bioeconomy and the sophistication of the sustainable use of the country’s resources.
The specific objectives are:
- Identify the main regulatory bodies that have an impact on the bioeconomy value chain.
- To propose a detailed and expeditious technical standard for the processes of a) importation of specialized scientific machinery and equipment, and b) biological material for research purposes.
- Propose a detailed and expeditious technical standard for obtaining collection permits for non-commercial research and contracts for access to biological and/or genetic resources, or derived products.
- Propose improvements to the process of issuing sanitary registrations, licenses and technical regulations, for the approval of new bioproducts.
- Propose specific improvements to the regulatory aspects that hinder the attraction of researchers and advanced human capital trained abroad.